About Michiana Soccer Association:
- MSA is a community organization that offers outdoor soccer opportunities for boys and girls, ages 4 through 14.
- The spring season begins in early April and continues through mid June.
- The fall season begins in early September and continues through October.
- Games take place on Saturdays, and all teams play at least 8 games per season.
- To provide opportunities for all youth of Michiana to play organized soccer.
- We stress skill development, discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship and achievement of one’s personal best in a fun and positive manner.
- MSA will emphasize player development ahead of winning.
- We will strive to ensure that each player has the opportunity to develop his/her technical skills and reach his or her potential as a soccer player.
- In order to maximize player development, coaches are expected to:
- Provide a minimum playing time for all players of at least one-half of each game;
- Rotate field positions of players throughout the season;
- Emphasize skills development over strategy and tactics.
- MSA will strive to create an environment that enables each player to perform at his/her personal best, regardless of ability.
- The MSA staff, coaches and volunteer base will emphasize good sportsmanship.
Commitment and Discipline:
- MSA believes that youth soccer should help develop commitment and discipline through instruction, conditioning, practice and competition that will help each child succeed in adolescence and adulthood.
- MSA soccer will stress the importance and power of teamwork and placing teamwork ahead of personal accomplishments.
Fun and Positive Experience:
- MSA will always strive to make the game of soccer a fun and positive part of each player’s experience.