1. Since these games DO NOT involve referees they may be canceled due to severe weather as long as BOTH COACHES MUTUALLY AGREE.
2. If coaches agree to cancel they must also:
2a. Contact ALL PARENTS on their respective teams.
2b. Contact the MSA DOC.
3. Our website will be updated and we will send a club wide email if MSA Park &/or Knollwood Fields need to be closed for the day.
All Other Divisions
1. Since these games DO involve referees, ONLY MSA STAFF (Including our Head Referees) may cancel a game.
2. Our website will be updated and we will send a club wide email if MSA Park &/or Knollwood Fields need to be closed for the day.
Additional Information for ALL MSA families.
1. If you do not see a notice on the website and do not receive an email please consider the games to be on as scheduled.
2. Because severe weather can change conditions at any moment MSA may have to close the fields at any moment.
3. In the event of lightning EVERYONE MUST leave the fields.
3a. MSA Staff will take the field once 30 minutes has passed since the most recent lightning strike.
3b. At that time MSA families may come back to the field.
4. Regular Season Games:
4a. If lightning causes a delay ALL GAMES affected during the time of the delay are either FINAL (if in process) or CANCELLED (if the delay extends beyond the start time).
4b. Example of a game in Process: The game is 9 minutes into the first half and we delay for lightning. The game is considered FINAL.
4c. Example of a delay beyond a game's start time: The lightning delay begins at 10:07 am, the most recent lightning strike occurs at 10:12 am, the fields must be exited until 10:42 am.
* A game with a start time of 10:30 would be CANCELLED.
* A game with a start time of 10:45 would be PLAYED.
5. MSA will strictly enforce this policy for ALL regular season games for the safety of everyone involved and to avoid delaying games scheduled beyond the current delayed time period.
6. Post Season Games:
6a. If lightning causes a delay ALL GAMES affected during the time of the lightning delay are considered FINAL if the whistle to start the 2nd half has blown.
6b. If lightning causes a delay ALL GAMES affected during the time of the lightning delay WILL RESUME if the 2nd half has not started.
6c. In the event of a lightning delay all games beyond the current games in process will have delayed start times due to the need to have final score results for tournament games.
All Rec Divisions & All Academy Team Practices
1. We leave the decision up to each coach; however, we do expect the coach to notify ALL members of their team if a practice has been canceled.
1a. All teams must adhere to the lightning policy.
1b. In the event of lightning everyone must leave the fields and wait 30 minutes from the most recent lightning strike.
All Academy Group Practices
1. MSA & Jr Irish Staff will determine if a Friday Group Practice needs to be canceled.